- 1 tablespoon butter for the skillet
- 2 cups LC-Blanched Almond Meal Flour (LINK)
- ½ cup LC-Golden Milled Flax (LINK)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaen
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 425F. Add 1 tbsp butter to a 10-inch oven-proof skillet and place in oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, flax seed meal, baking powder, salt and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Stir in the eggs, melted butter and almond milk until thoroughly combined.
- Remove hot skillet from oven (remember to put on your oven mitts), and swirl butter to coat sides.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheddar.
- Bake 16 minutes, or until browned around the edges and set through the middle. Cheese on top should be nicely browned.
- Remove and let cool 15 minutes.