- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon LC-White Bread Flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Knead for 2 minutes, then wrap in Saran Wrap and let it rest on the counter for about 20 minutes.
- Cut dough in half and pass each half through your pasta machine, rolling it thin to a setting of 5 or 6.
- Put the finished pasta sheets through the fettuccine cutter on the pasta machine. Flour them so they won’t stick together.
- Cook in boiling water for about a minute or until cooked as desired.
Tom Yum Soup
This spicy, tart soup makes a fantastic lunch or light dinner. Miracle Noodles
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 carton Vegetable Broth
- 2 – 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, cut into large pieces
- 3 chili peppers (optional)
- chicken, shrimp or crab meat (or vegetables in bite size chunks)
- mushrooms (white/brown sliced or enoki), roughly chopped
- 1 package Miracle Noodles
- 1 chopped tomato (optional)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- chopped cilantro
- chopped green onions
Boil the coconut milk with the broth. Add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and chilli peppers to the liquid. After boiling for 10 minutes, add in the vegetables, chicken, crab meat or shrimp. If you add enoki mushrooms, take the mushroom out and cut about an inch from the root and then wash under running water. Add miracle noodles (rinse under running cold water for a minute – do not keep water in bag), tomato, and seasonings. Cook everything for another 10 minutes on medium heat. Turn off heat and stir in chopped cilantro. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.