- ½ an onion, cut into shoestrings
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ cup Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Flour (LINK)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- cooking oil, for frying
- 5-6 cups of your favorite greens or mesclun
- ½-¾ pound rare roast beef, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped, lightly toasted walnuts
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- Green Valley Ranch Blue Cheese Dressing (LINK)
In three separate bowls, separate onions, lightly beaten egg and milk, and coconut flour and seasonings. In small batches, dredge onions in wet then dry mixture, and fry over high heat until crispy and golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
For the salad, lay roast beef shavings over the greens, and top with blue cheese dressing, bacon bits, walnuts, and crispy onions.