Finally...a pure soluble fibre without protein, fat, sugar, starch, gluten or wheat.
The same ingredient that makes Shirataki Noodles now in powder form. This can be used as a thickener. It is odourless and tasteless, so it will not affect the taste of your food.
Konjac Powder can also be used a fibre supplement. Please consult your physician before using any supplements.
Suggested Use: Quickly stir one teaspoon in 8oz of liquid and drink immediately. Can be taken one to three times a day.
Tips for thickening with konjac powder:
- mix it with a small amount of room temperature or cold liquid (water, stock, sauce) until smooth, then incorporate this mixture to the rest of the sauce/food to be thickene. This step will prevent any lumps.
- Some applications include and are not limited to thick and smooth gravies, sauces, glazes, soups, stews and casseroles, pies, puddings, custards and cake fillings.
- Konjac powder can only thicken properly when activated by heat. NEVER put directly into hot liquids.
- 1 teaspoon of konjac powder will thicken about one cup of liquid.
- Konjac powder is 10 times stronger than cornstarch in terms of thickening effect. A little goes a long way.