Sago Soup Dessert
This creative twist to the traditional Sago soup from Cantonese cuisine is the perfect end to a perfect meal. Homemade desserts can be easy and time consuming. But this simple homemade dessert can be prepared in less than one hour. While traditional dessert uses tapioca pearls or sago as its base, we made this delightful dessert a dream come true for all who live the low carb lifestyle.
Recipe makes about 8 servings
2 pouches of Miracle Rice
1/3 cup Swerve Granular Sweetener
Optional: 1 tablespoon Xyla Strawberry Jam
- Drain, rinse, and strain the Miracle Rice
- In a pot of boiling water, boil the miracle noodle to remove any smell that remains from the preserving liquid, boil for 5 minutes
- Drain boiled miracle rice, rinse under cold water, drain, and set aside
- In a separate pot, bring ½ cup of water to boil and mix in 1/3 cup of Swerve granular sugar until fully dissolved.
- Turn off the heat, pour 1 cup of Thai Kitchen Organic Lite Coconut Milk and miracle rice into the dissolved sweetened water.
- Serve sago soup after chilling for 30 minutes
- Optional: for strawberry add 1 tablespoon of Xyla Strawberry Jam per serving of sago soup.
- Optional: add fresh fruits such as watermelon, strawberry, or mango
Sago Soup Dessert per 1/2 cup serving Total (not including optional add-on)
Polyols/Sugar Alcohols 8
Net carb 1.89